• Home
  • Knowledge base
  • Useful Forms
  • FAQ

Can a person who is retired continue to fund an IRA?

Modified on: 2018/07/12

For the purposes of contributing to an IRA, compensation (i.e. earned income) does not include income from a pension, an annuity or Social Security. Generally speaking, you must have earned the income by performing services (i.e. work) or received it as alimony and/or a separate maintenance for it to be considered compensation for the purposes of contributing to an IRA.

This question was answered by Denise Appleby
Contact Denise)

Did you find it helpful?
Related Articles